Wrapped Newborn Photography Session vs. Full Newborn Session: Unveiling the Differences
The arrival of a newborn is a moment that fills your heart with overwhelming joy and a desire to preserve every tiny detail!
The art of newborn photography offers you the chance to capture these fleeting moments, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
When it comes to choosing between a ‘Wrapped Newborn Photography Session’ and a ‘Full Newborn Session,’ it’s essential to understand the unique characteristics and benefits of each approach.
Let’s delve into the differences that set these two options apart. In this blog post, we’ll explore the differences between these two styles, helping you make an informed decision that aligns with your preferences and vision.
Wrapped Newborn Photography Sessions focus on capturing your baby in cozy swaddles and wraps, evoking a sense of comfort and security reminiscent of the womb. These sessions typically feature the following aspects:
- Minimalistic Aesthetic: The wrapped session emphasizes the simplicity of your newborn, with a focus on their delicate facial features and the textures of the wraps. The resulting images have a serene and artistic quality.
- Take it easy: Suitable for older newborns as well, up to 8 weeks of age!
- Calming Environment: Wrapping techniques replicate the feeling of being snug and secure, often leading to a peaceful and content baby during the session. This environment results in tranquil images that highlight your baby’s serene expressions.
- Emphasis on Detail: By simplifying the scene and removing distractions, wrapped sessions accentuate the details that make your baby uniquely beautiful – from tiny fingers and toes to delicate eyelashes.
- Artistic Expression: The choice of wraps and fabrics becomes a canvas for artistic creativity. Photographers select colors, Digital Backdrops, and textures that complement your baby’s characteristics, resulting in visually striking and emotionally resonant images.
- Time: With a wrapped session we can finish the session in between 45 minutes and an hour. This is due to our baby being relaxed throughout the session, all snagged in its “cocoon”.
- Investment: A Wrapped session is considered a mini-session and the fee is $450
The Full Newborn Photography Session
A full newborn session provides a comprehensive portrait of your baby’s first days, showcasing various poses and setups. Here’s what you can expect from this type of session:
- Versatility: Full newborn sessions involve a range of poses, both wrapped and unwrapped, capturing your baby in various adorable positions. These poses showcase the flexibility and unique personality of your baby.
- Incorporating Props: Full sessions often include props, such as baskets, blankets, outfites, headbands, Digital Backdrops, and other accessories, to add character and variety to the images.
- Storytelling: Full sessions aim to capture the full narrative of your baby’s early days, from their tiny fingers to their sleepy yawns. These images provide a comprehensive portrayal of your baby’s personality and the emotions of these precious moments.
- Family Involvement: Full sessions often include opportunities for family members to participate, capturing the bond between the baby and their parents or siblings.
- Time: Full newborn sessions include parent poses (family), naked baby posing, and prop posing. These sessions are between 2-4 hours.
- Investment: A full Newborn session starting from $745
Choosing the Right Session for You
Ultimately, the choice between a Wrapped Newborn Photography Session vs. Full Newborn Session depends on your preferences and what you envision for your baby’s portraits. The wrapped session focuses on simplicity, artistic expression, and serenity, while the full session offers a broader range of poses, setups, and storytelling elements.
Consider your desired aesthetic, the level of involvement you want in the creative process, and the overall atmosphere you wish to capture. Both options provide the opportunity to create stunning and meaningful images that will become cherished memories for years to come. Whichever path you choose, your newborn’s portraits will undoubtedly be a beautiful reflection of the love and joy they bring into your life.